Thursday, May 17, 2012

I Feel like a Decoupage Queen !

 
I have been totally inspired by Finnabair lately (and I even had her at my place to play - WOWZZA's did I learn a trick or two). So with my MOJO totally rocking this is what i came up with,  A tag & gift box!! I did have my mother in mind for Mother’s Day – but I think I like it too much to part with it …so mother got something else and it’s my Mother’s Day gift now lol
 I started out with the little tag and used Helmar Decoupage  to build up some layers. I then painted it and highlighted some areas to show the texture.
 Not satisfied with just the tag and I decided a box needed a new face-lift too…
Helmar 450 Quick Dry is my go to glue when it comes to sticking things quick like the resin flowers, Out There Chippy's new circle LOVE word & the odd trinket  ……it’s just perfect and I would have to say a favourite of mine!!
 Wanting to keep with the theme of my Vintage look, I used Helmar’s 2 Step Crackle, I applied it quite thick as I wanted to really get my crackle on - A few highlights (oops sometimes a little heavy handed but I still think it gives that aged look) check out the great effects I got – LOVE IT!!!
and that's it for me for now so until next time take care & happy creating
 

4 comments:

  1. Rocking it up there Rae! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow wow wow !!!!! loveeeeeeeeeeeeee these . so rich in texture .... delish xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rae it is absolutely stunning! Wow that is all I can say! I am such a fan of yours - your blog is part of my blog list! So inspirational! Take care. Janine

    ReplyDelete